6.28.2010

Jackson Heights - Farmers Market 2010

carrots-jackson-heights-farmers-market



I know that I am a little late on spreading the word, but better late than never. To make up for this I have added a few more photographs than I was planning to include in this post. After getting back to town after some personal time off, we were able to continue our regular walks for a healthier lifestyle. I have lost about 20 pounds in the last year so I know the walks are a big part of it. For our Sunday afternoon walk (between World Cup matches) I decided to stop by and see the Farmers Market that comes to Jackson Heights every summer on Sundays. Stopping by the Farmers Market was also beneficial because there were things being sold that we were in great need of. The bunches of parsley and scallions that we picked up were huge and at a great price too. The various stands sold fresh foods of all sorts: veggies, fruits, fish, meats, sweets, and juices. Now you can imagine how hungry this can make a person, so a small snack was in order. For only $1.00 each a pork bun hit the spot... but now what to do about the thirst? One of the stands selling berries was giving out free samples, so I helped myself to a blueberry and a raspberry. Only a few weeks ago we picked a combined total of about 13 pounds of strawberries by hand, so I was not compelled to purchase any that day. The next stand over was selling ciders of a variety of flavors, the raspberry/apple juice was free to sample and it was great. There we bought a small bottle of the cranberry/apple cider which was a much needed thirst quencher.



All images were made with my D200 and my 50mm f/1.4 lens. The harsh midday light was not a problem in making these images because all the vendors had pop up tents shading their products.




pumpkin-butter-preserves-jam-farmers-market-jackson-heightsapple-cider-farmers-market-jackson-heightsradishes-farmers-market-jackson-heights




One more thing... I did also sample the pumpkin butter spread on a cracker and I will be sure to show up with a little extra cash next week to bring a jar home.



-Enjoy